Quinoa and Coconut Dhal
1x Cups Yellow Split Peas
2x Cups Red Lentils
1x Cup Tricolour Quinoa
5x Cups Water
2 Cups Coconut Cream
2x tbsp Coconut Oil
2x Teaspoons Turmeric Powder
2x Teaspoons Garlic Powder
1x Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin Seeds
2x Tbsp Dried Coriander
4x Large Handfuls Baby Spinach
10x Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Toasted Coconut Flakes
8x Tbsp Vegan Chunky Basil Pesto (Wombat Valley is the brand I used)
Salt & Pepper
1. Add 5 cups of water to saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Add split peas, lentils and quinoa with a tbsp coconut oil. Add lid and allow to simmer on medium heat until almost all the liquid has been soaked up.
3. Add Turmeric Powder, Cinnamon Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika Powder, Chinese Five Spice, Ground Cumin Seeds, Dried Parsley and Coconut cream. Mix to combine. And allow to simmer until a thick, moist dhal base has formed. Remove from heat. Add salt and Pepper as desired.
4. Serve 4 plates with a large handful of Baby spinach. Chop cherry tomatoes in half.
5. Add dhal on top of baby spinach base. Top with cherry tomatoes and 2 tbsp of Chunky Basil pesto on side. Sprinkle with a large pinch of toasted coconut flakes and salt and pepper as desired.