Turmeric & Avocado Fried Rice
2x Cups Rice of choice (I used white rice)
1 1/4 Cups water
1x Cup Red split lentils
3x Tbsp Coconut oil
1x Tbsp turmeric
2x Cup Vegetable stock
2x Cups frozen mixed vegetables (carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, red capsicum)
2x Tbsp dried oregano
1x Tbsp Chilli spiced dried herbs
1x Large handful fresh basil
1 & 1/2 x Fresh limes
Salt & Pepper
1. Add water and vegetable stock to saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Add rice and lentils with a drizzle of coconut oil and. Add turmeric, frozen vegetables, dried oregano and dried chilli spice/herbs. Mix and place lid and allow to simmer (lower heat) until all liquid has been absorbed and vegetables have softened/cooked.
3. Drain any excess liquid if rice has cooked.
4. Put coconut oil in to a wok/fry pan and turn on high heat. Transfer rice to wok/fry pan and cook until brown. Mix constantly to ensure even cooking.
5. Serve rice in bowl. Chop avocados and serve with fresh lime and basil to top. Salt and pepper to taste.