Raw Vegan Coconut & Caramel Slice
4x Cups raw unsalted cashews
20x Medjool dates
1 Cup desiccated coconut
3/4 Cup hemp seeds
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp almond milk
1/2 Cup Buckinis (I use the Loving Earth brand)
4x 100g Sweet William Dairy Free Vegan Chocolate (or your preferred vegan chocolate)
1/4 Cup Coconut Chips
2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
1. Blend cashews in a high speed blender or food processor until a "powder" like consistency is formed.
2. De-pip all of the dates (so that you are left with only the gooey part), no seed/pip and add 20 of the dates to blender/food processor with cashew powder.
3. Also add desiccated coconut, hemp seeds and maple syrup and blend until a dough forms.
4. Line a medium sized baking tray with baking paper, then fill evenly with dough (flatten out with fingers/hands to create the "base" of the slice.
5. Put tray in freezer.
6. Add the remaining 10 dates to food processor/blender with maple syrup, peanut butter and almond milk to make the "caramel" filling.
7. Take tray out of freezer, and add "caramel" filling on top. Spread evenly.
8. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Buckinis on top of caramel layer (this will add a nice crunch!)
9. Melt 4x 100g Dairy free chocolate (dark or your preference of vegan chocolate) in microwave or on stovetop, and pour on top. Spread evenly to layer the slice.
10. Put in freezer for 3-5hrs or until frozen.
11. When frozen, remove from freezer and cut in to slices (squares or rectangles).
12. Sprinkle with Coconut chips and Hemps seeds to serve.